Drug & Alcohol Awareness
The TTC Group are leading specialists in road safety training and awareness and given that almost 500 drivers are killed each year as a result of drink driving it has rapidly become a hot topic for early intervention via the education sector, specifically within schools, colleges and universities.
The TTC drug & alcohol awareness course for schools, colleges and universities clearly communicates how the misuse of alcohol and drugs can negatively affect a young person’s life.
The drug & alcohol awareness course, interactive training programme covers:
- The size and scale of the problem in the UK;
- Which occupations carry the highest risk;
- Why people drink and take drugs before driving;
- Alcohol limits;
- The 4 main types of alcohol and strengths;
- Drugs types – illegal substances, medicines and over the counter drugs;
- Common myths;
- Field impairment tests;
- Penalties and punishment.
Students will also learn the many factors that affect a person’s tolerance when taking drugs or consuming alcohol including; weight, gender, age, metabolism, current stress levels, the amount consumed and whether they have eaten recently.
The TTC Group believe that prevention is better than cure, especially in the case of drugs and alcohol awareness amongst young people, in order to create safer communities.
Want to find out more? Speak with a TTC specialist today!