K2P – For Education
K2P (Key to Potential)
K2P is an innovative and unique combination of equipment, activities and online support videos designed and delivered to engage, challenge – unlocking the personal potential of all young people.
Through these activities young people develop a range of core competencies including trust, communication and responsibility, vital skills for the workplace.
K2P is also a valuable resource for colleges and universities as it develops confidence, team building and leadership skills.
- K2P is not a one-off course, but a resource your school or college can use time and time again without incurring additional costs;
- K2P is not just for one student, or even one year group, it’s a resource that can be used with as many students or staff as you like;
- K2P is proven not only to deliver short term learning benefits but real changes in behaviours and attitudes in young people for life.
What is K2P?
K2P is both a service delivery proposition and a standalone product comprised of three key components, these are:
- CPD Facilitator Training – through this training teaching staff will become certified K2P facilitators gaining 6 Continuing Professional Development (CPD) credits along the way – a real incentive for school staff who want to add to their skills and demonstrate commitment to learning and personal development throughout their teaching career. Your K2P trained facilitator will be able to deliver the activities effectively ensuring your pupils maximise the learning from each activity and its many applications and outcomes.
- The K2P kit bag – containing all the equipment and resources you need to deliver …
- The activities – 35 high impact challenge and problem solving tasks to unlock potential. Delivered through clear instructions and our exclusive online activity briefs.
The Benefits of K2P for Schools & Colleges
Educational establishments investing in K2P agree that it is an effective use of the Pupil Premium and has an important role to play in supporting disadvantaged pupils. In line with Ofsted expectations K2P is proven to deliver tangible improvements in pupil:
- Attitudes to learning;
- Low-level disruptive behaviour;
- Conduct and approaches to learning.
The Benefits of K2P to Pupils
The three components of K2P combine to create a learning and development tool that is designed and delivered to develop 8 core values in young people:
Understand how it works and master how to build it
Watch, listen and interpret others effectively
Connect with others to develop both individually and as a team
Improve the ability to bounce back when faced with challenges
Take ownership and harness the power to shape outcomes
Foster, support and enable creativity and original thought
Ensure conclusions are reached and next steps are agreed
Achieve the desired outcomes and continue to develop
The AIM Awards Suite of Personal Potential (QCF) Qualifications – including K2P – have been designed in response to issues identified by Ofsted as posing barriers to learners in accessing their curriculum.
The practical nature of the compulsory activities, developed by K2P, facilitates learner re-engagement in a way that adds value to their experience in a learning environment. They enable learners to work with tutors to develop a shared understanding of their personal potential and what they need to do in order to become better learners.
K2P activities and learnings are equally beneficial to college and university students as they offer a valuable opportunity to build team and leadership skills, amongst others.
If you would like to learn more about K2P email us or Call us on 03330 431122.
Want to find out more? Speak with a TTC specialist today!